Welcome to Mrs. Rooter™ blog
You will find tips, steps and stories here that will help you better understand your home’s plumbing. These posts are simple and easy-to-understand without plumbing lingo.
We want to make sure you’re prepared if a plumbing emergency occurs. If you have a plumbing question, e-mail us at MrsRooterBlog@MrRooter.com.
Dangers of Water Leaks: Winterization and Prevention
Water Leaks in the US
- The average home wastes 10,000 gallons of water a year through leaks, which is enough to fill a backyard swimming pool.
- 10% of homes waster 90 gallons or more per day through leaks – that’s more than three swimming pools per year!
Water Damage in the Home
- Large scale leaks, like those caused by ruptured pipes, can cause flooding in the home. The result is property damage.
- Mold growth is a risk if the water isn’t properly removed and the impacted area completely dried.
- Repairing pipes and replacing damaged property can cost thousands of dollars.
- Check your usage — a home likely has a leak if water usage is over 12,000 gallons per month in the winter.
- Listen: new noises or dripping sounds can indicate leaks before you spot the damage.
- Small leaks, such as leaking toilet flappers or dripping faucets and shower heads, are easily fixed at home.
- You may be able to fix drips using simple pipe tape and a wrench.
- Before freezing nights, insulate all exposed pipes using foam or fiberglass insulation.
- Consider installing plastic piping, which is more tolerant to temperature changes than metal.
- Shut off the water supply to exterior drains and pipes.
- Purge your sprinkler system of remaining water with compressed air.
This infographic and information provided by Her Home Repair. Additional sources include:
At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing, we know toilets are big business and one of the most important things to get right when hosting any kind of gathering – especially the Winter Olympics. Odd, entertaining and absurd eyewitness accounts have been streaming in from Sochi, Russia regarding the unfinished facilities since before the games began. Some of
Almost all companies today have an official mission statement and vision that drives their actions day by day. However, it’s becoming increasingly rare for companies to address ideals and establish company values that impact the workplace for the better. Fortunately, you can rest assured that when you choose Mr. Rooter® for your plumbing needs, you’re choosing
Mr. Rooter Plumbing Brings Chivalry to Your Home Kindness is contagious. Imagine the domino effect that one simple random acts of kindness can create. February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day and at Mr. Rooter Plumbing we’re forming a team of misters and misses who love to pay it forward. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing we
Mr. Rooter® would never take Mrs. Rooter on these three questionable outings, especially on Valentine’s Day! When it comes to being polite and friendly, no plumber beats Mr. Rooter. He’s the plumber you deserve! His neat appearance and professional demeanor is beyond what you might expect of a plumber. He’s even sure to always wear
Have you chosen someone to be your Valentine yet this year? Mr. Rooter has everything you’re looking for: he’s courteous, professional, clean and respectful of your home. He might just be the best Valentine you’ve ever had! Your mom will love him. Introducing your Valentine to your parents is often the trickiest part of any
Toilet clogs usually happen at the worst times, don’t they? It could be when guests are over or you’re running late for an appointment. If your bathroom was used and abused during your Super Bowl party, and it still hasn’t fully recovered, there’s no need to fret. Getting a clogged toilet up and running again
Lessons from The Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon Cooper For some, making friends can be a challenge. Mr. Rooter® is celebrating National Make a Friend Day on February 11, and who better to share some “scientific” research on how to make friends than one of our favorite TV sitcom characters, Dr. Sheldon Cooper from CBS’s The
Do your ugly bathroom fixtures have you feeling down in the dumps? You’ve set new year’s resolutions for self-improvement; why should you leave your bathroom out of all the fun? A new year’s bathroom revamp could be just what you need to boost your home’s wow factor – and add value to your home in the process.
Are you hosting a Super Bowl party this year? What game day snacks are you serving up? If you’re still not sure, try one or all of these six quick and easy Super Bowl snacks. Crackers and Dip All you need is a few boxes of seasoned crackers and three ingredients to make your own